House guests pay a visit to 19th century
12/14/11 Morton Grove First grade students from Parkview School toured the Morton Grove Historical Museum on 12/14. Students take time to learn about Morton Grove in the museum Education Center that is attached to the museum. | Tamara Bell~Sun Times Media
Updated: January 13, 2012 10:30AM
First-graders from Parkview School toured the Morton Grove Historical Museum on Dec. 14.
The museum is in the Haupt-Yehl House. Nicholas Haupt built the house on Lincoln Avenue in 1888.
The Morton Grove Historical Society and Park District saved the house from demolition and moved it to at 6240 Dempster St.
The historical society and park district share in maintaining and operating the museum. Museum hours are 2 to 4 p.m. Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays or by appointment. Admission is free but donations are appreciated. The museum phone number is (847) 965-0203.